Stand up to the IRS with experienced Long Beach tax attorneys
U.S. tax laws are meant to exert pressure that can sometimes feel inescapable. If you owe back taxes and have an outstanding debt with the IRS, you could be subject to constant reminders in the form of stern letters, interest and penalties, wage garnishments, bank levies, and tax liens.
The truth is that there are always options for getting out from underneath tax debt. While the IRS makes it sound like you must pay in full as soon as possible, they are actually often willing to work out settlements and relent some of the pressure. Knowing how to make the most of these options requires the services of an experienced Long Beach, CA tax lawyer.
Instant Tax Solutions provides you with seasoned legal counsel to help you negotiate with the IRS professionally and strategically. We thoroughly review each client case and then inform you of your available options. If your goal is to seek tax relief, settle with the IRS, reduce the pressure of adverse actions, or all of the above, we want to be there for you.
Call us today at (888) 946-2999, text (208) 214-7541, or contact us online to schedule a risk-free, confidential appointment. You have tools in your fight against the IRS, and we help you realize what they are.
Tax Attorney Services in Long Beach, CA
Our Long Beach, CA tax lawyers provide a wide range of services designed to help relieve the stress and financial pressure of IRS debt. Clients have benefitted from our legal representation in the past thanks to the following legal services:
- Self-auditing of taxes to verify correct balances and look for opportunities to reduce debt
- Explanation of the latest tax laws and how they might affect client cases
- Discovery of available tax relief programs and options
- Liaison services between clients and the IRS, improving communications without showing too much of your hand
- Defense against IRS enforcement actions, including bank levies, tax liens, penalties, interest, wage garnishment, and more
- Legal representation in and out of court in cases where the IRS may have erred in judgment or in action
Going against the IRS on your own is scary, and it can come with consequences. Taking the wrong action, saying the wrong thing, or waiting too long to act can all have the effect of making your tax obligations worse, not better. Let experienced and knowledgeable Long Beach tax attorneys serve you instead, offering expert guidance using all the latest tax laws and programs.
Options for Tax Relief in Long Beach, CA
People dealing with tax debt may not realize just how many options they have at their disposal to reduce the amount they owe, to make repayment easier, and to avoid adverse actions commonly taken by the IRS. Many newer tax relief options arose as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic of 2020.
Federal options for tax relief include:
- Reasonable cause assistance for failure to file, failure to pay and failure to deposit penalties, and abatement for first-time late payers/filers
- The option to avoid a lien by creating an installment agreement for tax liabilities up to $250,000 for Tax Year 2019 only
- Extensions and interest forbearance
- More-flexible settlement agreements and installment options
Options for tax relief for California state taxes also exist, including:
- Walk-through revivors for resuming suspended business licenses
- Free tax preparation and assistance (will not be able to assist with back taxes or current fines/penalties/collection actions)
- Case-by-case tax lien relief for individuals and businesses impacted by COVID-19
- Emergency tax relief for counties and areas affected by natural disasters, including COVID-19
There are also many more options beyond these. Unfortunately, just knowing about these options is not enough to take full advantage of them. The paperwork and documentation requirements can be daunting, and it may be possible for the IRS to allege that your specific tax debts don’t qualify.
Seek assistance from experienced Long Beach tax relief lawyers to help you know which programs apply to you and how to make the most of these options.
Know How to Spot Tax Relief Scams
People grappling with IRS and state tax debts are, sadly, taken advantage of by companies that claim to offer quick fixes — but who make your situation worse! Many supposed “tax relief” entities simply charge you lots of money to tell you about your tax options without offering actual assistance or providing actual legal services. Some may even attempt to wrap you up in a high-interest loan as a promised way to relieve your tax obligations!
Fortunately, there are many ways to identify a Long Beach, CA tax relief law firm that can actually help you. Here are some positive signs to look for that indicate the services are not trying to dupe you:
- The tax relief firm has licensed attorneys with a case history of resolving tax law disputes
- The firm has solid client reviews, including those found from online sources and the Better Business Bureau
- The firm never promises “quick” or “instant” tax relief — beware of anything that sounds too good to be true!
- The firm looks at settlement options and other options on a specific, case-by-case basis
Warning signs to watch out for include:
- The firm starts discussing charges and programs before thoroughly reviewing your case
- The “firm” is actually a referral service that charges you for things you could learn about for free
- The firm tells you to stop responding to the IRS
How to Find a Tax Attorney You Can Rely Upon
In order to ensure you can get the services you need, always thoroughly investigate a tax relief firm in Long Beach, CA before agreeing to work with them. Ask about their services and experiences, discuss possible costs, and compare your options among several firms before picking the right one for you. Also, look to unbiased reviews from actual clients to see how they are treated and if the firm has helped with cases similar to yours!
Fight Back Against Penalties, Interest, Bank Levies, and Other IRS Adverse Actions
There are many actions the IRS can take to punish you for owing taxes and pressure you into repaying them as soon as possible:
- Tax Levies — A “tax levy” is any action taken by the IRS that effectively seizes your assets for the purposes of repayment. A levy can mean wage garnishment, direct retrieval from your bank accounts, or seizure of real estate, vehicles, and personal property.
- Tax Liens — Some taxes apply to specific assets or pieces of property, especially property taxes in particular. If an individual fails to pay the appropriate taxes on the property or asset, the IRS may place a lien upon it, meaning the asset cannot be sold or transferred legally until the debt is resolved. The liened asset may even be seized and sold by the IRS.
- IRS interest and penalties — Nearly every instance of failure to make a timely payment can mean fines, penalties, and interest. This includes prepayment of estimated taxes for businesses and self-employed individuals. Often, interest and penalties cause a “snowball” effect where taxes become more and more difficult to repay.
If you are facing any of these actions or something similar, speak to a tax law professional as soon as you can! You have legal rights, and the IRS is often willing to remove certain penalties in return for a promise to repay.
Instant Tax Solutions can review your situation and determine what options you have available for defending against adverse actions taken by the IRS.
Start Working on Getting Relief With Help From Long Beach, CA Tax Lawyers
The best way to climb out from underneath tax liabilities is to start today and make proactive steps each day.
Instant Tax Solutions aims to relieve your stress and help you take the next steps. We can explore your options for removing IRS adverse actions, negotiating a fair settlement agreement, and starting down the path to being free from your past tax debts.
Learn what strategies you could use to find the freedom from IRS debts you crave during a confidential, no-obligation case review. Call (888) 308-4111, text (208) 214-7541, or contact us online now.
Our team brings years of experience in the tax, financial and legal industries to the following areas: